History of Dirty Laundry
HISTORY OF DIRTY LAUNDRY
Dirty Landry was founded by Elinor Holt and Karen Johnson-Diamond in 1999. They were inspired by Edmonton's long(er) running improvised soap opera, Die Nasty. Over the years Eli and Karen produced the show and in the early aughts, Nicole Zylstra co-produced for a season.
In Season 9, Aaron Coates Joined the team and he and Karen co-produced until 2016.
Monday Night Lights, Season 17 was Carly McKee's first season as Co-Artistic Producer of Dirty Laundry and Aaron Coates' last season as Co-Artistic Produce.
Sunset Studios, Season 18 is the first season with Carly McKee as Artistic Director and Josh Bertwistle as Artistic Producer.
Over the seasons, Dirty Laundry has had a regular spot in the 10 Minute Play Festival as a part of the High Performance Rodeo, countless corporate gigs, workshops and a side show, Anesthesia's Antique Roadshow.
- SEASON ONE : "The Spotwells" - A dry-cleaning empire. (Studio Cafe)
- SEASON TWO: "Holy TV" - A religious TV network (Buckingham's Pub)
- SEASON THREE: "Lust In Space!" - A cruise ship - in space. (Buckingham's Pub)
- SEASON FOUR: "The Hospital" - The lives and loves of a hospital. (Buckingham's Pub)
- SEASON 5: "The Dirty 30's" - The Tunnels of Moose Jaw) (Buckingham's > Ceili's > Brew's Brothers
- SEASON 6: "The WASH" - The World Association of Super Heroes (Brew's Brothers)
- SEASON 7: "Soapy Trails" - Alberta in 1905 (Brew's Brothers)
- SEASON 8:"Reconstructed" - Underground condominium construction company. (Green Fools Theatre)
- SEASON 9: "The Spin" - 1960's advertising agency. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 10: "Clean Across Canada" - An Amazing Race style reality show (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 11: "The Grapes of Wrathburn" - A winery run by the wealth Wrathburn family. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 12: "Rome" - Ancient Rome. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 13: "Hotel St. Savon" - A 1945 American hotel. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 14: "Legal Briefs" - Law Offices of Downy Downy Maytag and Ward. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 15: "Clean Cut" - Warring Hair salons in 1985. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 16: "Degenerate Hospital" - Soap opera drama in a hospital. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON 17: "Monday Night Lights" - The world of High School football in Kevin, Texas.
- SEASON 18: Sunset Studios: 1942, Hollywood Film Studio (CURRENT SEASON)
HISTORY OF DIRTY LAUNDRY: The Young Company
In 2014, Dirty Laundry began a new program for young performers called DIRTY LAUNDRY: The Next Generation (TNG). This included mentorship for performers ages 15-18 who were interested in improv and theater and the cast of The Next Generation performed in their own Sunday night series. The TNG actors were joined by cast members of the Main Company in the show.
In 2016, The Next Generation became a training program that offered a workshop before each episode and the TNG cast members played their own episode without any of the old Main Company cast members. The success and outreach of the program was huge, playing to sold out houses for nearly every show.
In 2017, the program's name changed to Dirty Laundry: The Young Company and opened it's auditions up to performers from the ages of 13-18.
- SEASON ONE: "Space Season" - In Space. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON TWO: "Three Wring Circus" - The trials and tribulations of a family run circus. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON THREE: "Game of Soaps" - Two families, a nation at war for the throne. (Lunchbox Theatre)
- SEASON FOUR: "Stranger Soaps" - A small American town in 1983 and something mysterious is happening. (CURRENT SEASON)
OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS
BECOME ONE OF OUR SPONSORS!
Would you like to see your name or your company's name on this list?
Call 403-681-9373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sponsorship opportunities.